Tuesday 2 June 2020

WINNER FOR AGEING BETTER Logo Competition




Congratulations to Lola Beal aged 9 - the winner of the competition to design a logo for Yate Ageing Better Competition. Her prize is a session in the Armadillo cinema room with her friends and family once it reopens. She designed tree of life topped with interconnecting circles, reflected the objectives of the YAB project in bringing our community together as well as illustrating how life for all of us in an ageing community can be very fulfilling with many overlapping life experiences and activities.
Councillor John Gawn Chair of the YAB Committee commented:
All the designs were very good. We had some trouble choosing the one we felt best suited for the group.
Lola said My mum told me about the competition, and I got to work on it straight away as I wanted to be a part of this community based competition and with lockdown in place I had plenty of time to think about what I wanted to do. I based my idea on the tree that had been recently sculpted as it shows that no matter how old you are there is still dreams and goals that can be achieved by looking at the positives and anything can be turned into something beautiful with help and support from others. As a community we always look out for each other. Lola Beal
Lola’s mother, Donna Ford, added ‘Oh wow I have just told her and she is so pleased, in fact she was jumping around her bedroom’.

No comments:

Post a Comment