The Community Engagement Forum for Yate, Chipping Sodbury and Dodington (which replaces Safer Stronger and the Area Forum) has unavoidably had to be postponed to 21 November, 7 pm in the Main Hall at Chipping Sodbury Baptist Church, High Street, Chipping Sodbury.
- Mark King, the Head of Street Care and Transport for South Glos Council will be attending
- The meeting will also include an update on the Libraries consultation
- Plus how a Community Plan can benefit YOUR Community
Below are just some of the concerns that have been raised by residents at CEF meetings which members of the group have been able to take forward on their behalf:
- Concerns from residents about Health Care provision in the area; Clinical Commission Group, North Bristol Trust and Sirona Health all attended the next meeting to answer residents questions.
- Speeding and Parking concerns in the area, work undertaken by Avon and Somerset Police, Community Speedwatch, Police Camera Van and South Gloucester Highways to investigate the concerns.
- Supermarket trollies being abandoned in the area, the group worked with local supermarkets and SGC departments to investigate ways to reduce the problem.
- Antisocial behaviour and damage to vehicles in Yate, investigated by Avon and Somerset Police