Contacting the council
- The South Glos customer services contact centre will be closed from Christmas Eve afternoon (from 1pm) until 8:45 am on Wednesday 30 December 2015. The offices will also be closed on 1 January 2016. Please note that the adult care contact centre will be open until 5pm on Christmas Eve. When the offices are closed calls will be diverted to a service which deals only with emergencies.
- One Stop Shops will be closed from Christmas Eve afternoon (from 1pm) until Wednesday 30 December 2015. They will also be closed on 1 January 2016.
- You can continue to report issues or apply for services using the council's online forms which will be dealt with after the offices reopen.
Recycling and waste
- Check when your waste will be collected here.
- Information on how to recycle your Christmas tree.
- The Sort It centres are open 8:30am to 4:30pm every day, apart from 25, 26 December 2015 and 1 January 2016.
You can find the Christmas and New Year opening times for the local libraries here.
Bus timetable information is available from Travelwest.
The Network Rail website provides information on travel during the holiday period.
Health services and pharmacies
South Gloucestershire CCG provides this advice on what to do if you are injured or feel unwell. They also have details of pharmacy opening times for Christmas and New Year. They advise anyone with long term health conditions to get their medication before Christmas Eve.