You can find the Joint Spatial Plan (JSP) consultation at:
and the Joint Transport Study (JTS) consultation here:
The information is also available online, hidden away in a document at the end of the list of technical papers. You can find it here:
You'll need to look at page 27 for Yate and Chipping Sodbury, and page 37 for Coalpit Heath.
On the page for Yate/Chipping Sodbury it says:
- Northwest Yate has good proximity to the rail station, Badminton Road and existing employment areas, hence there is considered potential in a broad band sweeping from fields north of Yate Town Football Club & south of Mission Road around to the B4059 and turning south to Nibley Lane and the river Frome and continuing south across the Badminton Road including fields west of the Business Park.
- Chipping Sodbury remains relatively compact with good proximity to the High Street from the periphery. Fields either side of Trinity Lane (north of St.Johns Way) but respecting the common and recreational facilities, and south of the railway between Dodington Road/Claypit Hill and north of Kingsgrove Common are therefore also considered to offer potential.
- In total it is considered up to 2,600 dwellings could be delivered in these 3 locations within the plan period.
- Given good proximity to employment opportunities and other services in the North & North East Bristol Fringe, Yate rail station & the Badminton Road, there is considered potential on relatively unconstrained land from the rail line northwards, west of Roundways to Frog Lane at Coalpit Heath for up to 1,500 dwellings and supporting facilities
There are also maps for Charfield, Buckover and Thornbury.
It's also important to understand that although the JSP and JTS are being consulted on together, they are two separate documents. If you want to see what they think are the transport mitigations needed to support the development, they are set out in the JSP in Table 1: Strategic Development Locations and the rationale for inclusion in the emerging spatial strategy. For the Yate/Chipping Sodbury development, those are:
- Station improvements
- Park and Ride
- Pinchpoint schemes and junction improvements
- Winterbourne Frampton Cotterell bypass
There will be another drop-in at Coalpit Heath Village Hall (The Miners) from 1pm to 7pm on Monday 21st November where you can speak to planning officers.