Monday, 6 February 2012

Do it online!

South Glos Council has a number of online forms to make it quicker and easier for you to contact them about waste collection and Street Care issues. There are even interactive maps so you can pinpoint an exact location. To use the forms, go to the South Glos website and click on "Report it", "Request it" or "Apply for it" as appropriate. Revenue and benefits forms should go live later this year.

The new system should save money and time, but there is one quirk. In December Claire Young asked the Cabinet Member responsible why you have to provide a postal address when reporting an issue like a pot hole if you want officers to be able to feedback or ask you for clarification. It would surely make more sense to record your email address or phone number. The Cabinet Member says that the priority is to sort out serious delays in the development of IT to support Street Care but he will ask the team to look at this issue when they are developing the service further later in the year.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:22 am

    Why not submit your report via FixMyStreet? You aren't asked for your address, your report is made public and you can include a photo.