Friday 29 April 2011

Good news on Yate Bus Station - solution in sight!

Chris Willmore reports: "I hope you have all had a lovely day. I thought I should share the following good news with you. Ruth Davis and I have had a pretty hairy week, trying to get answers on the bus station. This week the officers were giving us the run around, so I wrote to the Chief Executive"

"Within an hour, we had discussions going with Steve Evans - the Director who has shown superb understanding of the problem and the need for a solution. More junior officers were still saying there was no money and it was not their problem. We suggested a source of money. Steve has now confirmed that source of money can be used - which will not cost Tesco or the Council extra money. So we have the money to pay for the changes"

"And they have promised to get designs for the bus station out to Yate Town Council and me, for comment on 6th May. As soon as I get the designs, we will post them on the web, and post the link here, so you can have a look and let us have comments. Remember everyone looking is better than just one or two pairs of eyes! I have reminded them we want the seats sorted out, as well as making the building weather proofed"

"Well, on 7th May I may be looking a complete charley (don't say it won't be the first time) but I believe Steve Evans when he says he has got a grip on the situation and is going to make sure it happens. He is the new director responsible now for both Planning and Transportation - and realises that this entire mess does not reflect well on his department. So two cheers for Steve Evans, and hope we can add the third cheer for him on 7th May!"

No comments:

Post a Comment