- Expand and promote apprenticeship schemes that provide real experience and prospects for our young people.
- Work with businesses, schools and colleges to make sure people have the skills they need to help our local economy to thrive and create jobs.
- Continue to improve broadband connectivity throughout rural and urban areas and to give residents more choice over their broadband provider.
- Ensure even better support for new and existing businesses.
- Keep local high streets the centres of our communities.
By working constructively with central government and the Local Economic Partnership we’ve helped to foster strong employment growth across South Gloucestershire.
This is an extract from the Liberal Democrat Vision for South Gloucestershire, our manifesto for the 2015 Local Elections.