public transport across South Gloucestershire. We will continue to campaign hard to protect and
increase local bus and train services and to take steps to reduce congestion and improve our roads.
1. Make it easier for people to walk and cycle safely.
2. Improve roads and tackle potholes.
3. Reduce congestion through our towns and villages.
4. Open new Park and Share and Park and Ride sites.
5. Work with bus companies to improve services and reliability, reduce fares, and introduce smart cards.
6. Support improvements to rail services including MetroWest and half hourly trains between Bristol
Our record of action...
We’ve consistently campaigned for more bus services for under-served areas. Lib Dem councillors successfully campaigned for the extension of the hourly 82 bus service connecting Yate to Southmead so that it now also serves Chipping Sodbury and Charfield.
This is an extract from the Liberal Democrat Vision for South Gloucestershire, our manifesto for the 2015 Local Elections.