At the September Area Forum capital grants - for "project" type works - were awarded to a number of local organisations:
- South Gloucestershire Citizens Advice Bureau - Boiler replacement - £2844
- Sodbury Tennis Club - Court 4 Floodlighting - £2000
- Shopmobility (South Gloucestershire) - Shopmobility - £900
- Ridgewood Community Association - New Computers - £1000
- Cafe Ridgewood - Lap top - £500
- Abbotswood Pre-school - Outside Space Project - £3000
- Pop Inn Cafe - £432
- Shireway Community Association/Midway Social Club - Childrens Play Area - £930
- South Gloucestershire Deaf Association - Promotional banner purchase - £148
- Yate and Dodington in Bloom - Carved Sculpture at Jubilee Gardens - £2000
- Yate and District Archaeology Group - Archaeological Equipment - £898
- South Gloucestershire Youth Initiative - St Nicholas Youth centre - £2000
- Yate Star Twirlers - Yate Star Twirlers - £440
- Yate & District Heritage Centre Trust - Laptop for Community Work - £1230
You can find out more and make your application on the South Glos Grants Website. There is also a helpline available on 01454 865865 Mon-Fri, 9 am-4 pm.
In communities that have had new housing, there is also an opportunity to make a proposal for spending some of the New Homes Bonus that the government gives the council for the first 6 years after each new house is built.
If you want a New Homes Bonus scheme to be considered at the next Area Forum, you need to apply by Monday 4th November. Applications for the following meeting should be submitted by 3rd February. Contact your local councillor if you'd like to know more.