Wednesday 11 April 2007

Mast campaigner bids to join council


Phone mast campaigner Mandy Sainsbury has decided to stand for Dodington Parish Council.

“I have been working closely with the Parish Council about the giant phone mast on Rodford Way, Yate” said Mandy. “As a result of this involvement with the Council, coupled with my cares for the environment in which we live, I have decided to stand for election”.

“I care very much about the community in which I live, our environment and the local community. The Parish Council does a good job already and I want to help them. I've always enjoyed getting involved in issues that affect us all in our everyday lives - no matter how contentious those may be”.

Mandy has lived in Yate for 27 years. “I've never regretted choosing Yate as the place I wanted to live,” she said. “I've run my own business for the last 18 years in Chipping Sodbury, gaining invaluable experience and knowledge that I most certainly would not have otherwise”.

Mandy says that she decided to stand as a Liberal Democrat candidate because “I’m an admirer of Steve Webb – he represents our area really well. I’ve been very impressed by the work done by the local Focus Team members, and I want to contribute to making our community even better”.

No comments:

Post a Comment